Yield 4-6 servings
For the crust:
♥ 160 gr plain flour
♥ 50 gr Buckweat flour
♥ 4 tbs flex seeds
♥ 1\2 tsp sea salt
♥ 5 tbs Rapeseed extra virgin cold press oil or coconut virgin oil
♥ 1\2 cup of water
For the filling:
♥ 5 cups of fresh pumpkin flesh
♥ 2 tsp cinnamon
♥ 1\2 tsp minced fresh ginger
♥ 1\2 tsp nutmeg spice
♥ 1\2 tsp clove spice
♥ 3 tbs Lucuma natural sweetener
♥ 4 tbs coconut sugar
♥ 4 tbs maple syrup or agave syrup or wild honey
♥ 300 ml thick home made coconut milk or coconut milk can ( just the thick cream, but not the water) check the link for home made coconut milk.
- For this pie you need a pie dish ( 22cm x 22cm )
- Peel and chop a small pumpkin and place it in a pressure cooker.
- Let it cook with very little water for 15 minutes, when the pumpkin is cooked and soft drain away the excess water.
- With a hand blender smooth your pumpkin and add and mix all the spices, coconut milk, Lucuma, maple syrup, coconut sugar.
- In a bowl make the dough with plain and Buckweat flour, flex seeds, rapeseed oil, salt and water mix the ingredients till you have a smooth dough.
- Place the dough on a pastry board and knead for few minutes.
- Split the dough in two and with a rolling pin make two sheets.
- Grease your pie dish with 1 – 2 tsp of Rapeseed oil and arrange inside your first sheet.
- In your pie dish pour the pumpkin mix.
- Cover the pie with long rectangular strips of about half a centimeter obtained from the second sheet and seal them at the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 45 – 55 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Cool down and enjoy !!! Buon Appetito !!
TIP: You can replace rapeseed oil with coconut oil. If you don’t have Lucuma powder replace it with brown sugar or coconut sugar. But most importantly: please taste the filling with the sugar to suit your own palate. This pie with refined taste and slightly pungent flavours enhances the following day.
If you have guests for dinner better cook the day before ?