Yield: 6 – 8 people
♥ 2 handful kale leaves
♥ 2 onions
♥ 2 carrots
♥ 2 celery stalks
♥ 1 leek
♥ 1 eggplant in salt
♥ 2 fresh tomatoes
♥ 2 tomatoes can
♥ 4 minced garlic cloves
♥ 1 chickpeas can or 400 gr boiled chickpeas
♥ 5 tbs extra virgin olive oil
♥ 1-2 tsp sea salt
♥ 3 tsp medium hot organic curry powder
♥ 1 tsp red curry paste
♥ 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
♥ 100 gr white cheddar cheese or nutritional yeast
♥ 4 tbs Parmesan cheese
♥ 250 gr dry lasagna pasta sheets
- In a large pot make a saute’ with garlic, onions and extra virgin olive oil.
- When saute’ is gold add the chickpeas and let them cooking in the pot for a few minutes.
- Add all the vegetables chopped and then add the spices and salt.
- After 6-8 minutes, add the tomatoes can and 2 cups of water and place the lid on your pot.
- let your beautiful chickpeas sauce cooking for at least 1 hour.
- When your sauce is ready, in a lasagna dish, pour some chickpeas sauce at the bottom of your dish and then set the first layer of pasta sheet.
- Cover the first layer of pasta sheet with your sauce and distribute the slices of cheese all over the first layer, or if you are vegan 4- 5 tbs nutritional yeast, and then carry on in the same way for the second layer.
- Garnish the lasagna with some Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven at 180- 200 degrees for 45 minutes.
TIP: You need a lasagna dish 32 cm x 22 cm. Before adding eggplant to your sauce, sqeeze them, to let discharge the bitter water called solanine, you don’t need to rinse them. Remember to make a pretty fluid sauce because you need it so that, pasta sheet may cook well. It ‘s my favorite lasagna from oriental fragrance, never boring to savor the taste ….I would eat it every day .. 😉 Buon Appetito!! Yum! 🙂